Reduction of bacteria leads to a cleaner fermentation
OptimOH reduces a broad range of bacteria typically found in alcohol fermentations and processes.
Liquid Processing Aid
Effective against all strains of fermentation bacteria, OptimOH provides a viable and effective alternative to the use of antibiotics in the alcohol production process. Benefiting from the well-established pathogen research and development activities at Anitox, and backed by science, OptimOH is a versatile, capable product that eliminates bacteria. No more concerns about resistant strains or residues in any Bioethanol co-products.
OptimOH allows you to take greater control of your fermentation process:
- higher alcohol yields
- ability to modify recipes
- improved performance
- pH flexibility
What Users Say
“Ethanol production was on a downward cycle, but with OptimOH we were able to gradually remove antibiotics and maintain a consistent yield improvement – over 5% in some fermentations.”
“Anitox’s technical expertise was critical. They worked with us to fit their solution into our full-scale production process.”
“We are looking to extend the OptimOH antibiotic-free solution across all of our facilities.”
OptimOH is a liquid processing aid that improves alcohol yield during fermentation and delivers a broader antimicrobial spectrum than traditional antibiotics. OptimOH is effective against gram-positive, gram-negative and spore-forming bacteria. OptimOH has a GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe classification.
OptimOH employs a liquid application system. The point of application will differ between plants, dependent on design. As with its other products, Anitox has a dedicated Biofuels and Fermentation Program team to provide advice and support to OptimOH customers, to ensure optimum results.
|Fermenters||Average Alcohol Drop||Average Total Sugars||Average Lactics||Average Acetics||Average Glycerol|
|100 Ferms Prior to OptimOH||14.00||1.551||0.080||0.065||1.495|
|100 Ferms Post OptimOH||14.25||1.343||0.070||0.064||1.427|
Confirmation of Results
OptimOH has been subjected to intensive testing by Anitox scientists, the US National Corn to Ethanol Research Center (NCERC) and commercial partners. Validations have taken place in full-scale fermentations within ICM and Delta-T designed facilities.
Test results confirmed that OptimOH delivers:
- higher ethanol yield
- improved fermentation performance
- ability to eliminate use of antibiotics
- control of biofilms
- residue-free co-products
- suitability for fermentations running at various pH levels
- OptimOH is applied up-front via a closed system, directly into the corn slurry. This inhibits biofilm formation in the mash lines, controlling the bacteria that competes with your sugar conversion
- OptimOH effectiveness does not degrade over time
- OptimOH is metabolised by the yeast during fermentation and does not affect the physical or nutritional quality of co-product and does not result in residue carry-over
- By reducing biofilm in lines, tanks and heat exchangers, OptimOH reduces ‘dead legs’ where bacteria can build up
- OptimOH can lower dependance on sulfuric acid used to artificially lower pH as a traditional means of bacteria control
- OptimOH generates no emissions in waste water or fermentation gas scrubbers
The decision to deploy OptimOH requires no modifications to your alcohol production process. Anitox installs a pre-designed application system that can be installed within the cook system, depending upon the design of the plant. To see how your plant could use OptimOH to control bacteria without the use of antibiotics – and increase alcohol yield – contact the Anitox Biofuels and Fermentation Program team.